I did a ton of research and read a lot of reviews before purchasing a baby jumper for Henry when he was a baby. I came across the Merry Muscles baby exerciser, made in Canada by Kidalog and designed by an occupational therapist and it had overwhelmingly great reviews online, so I went with that one. I’m so glad I did! What makes it different from other doorway-type baby jumpers I saw:
- It has a wider seat that supports your baby’s weight better and distributes it over the butt and thighs vs just the crotch.
- It has a full, high sling back that is super supportive for a young baby’s back, neck and head and great for lounging. You can even change the angle of recline a bit by moving the attachment nylon rope closer together or further apart along the top ring.
- It has an adjustable width with snaps to snugly fit a 3 month old or 24 month old.
- It has a whopping 40b weight limit! Which means that Henry used it regularly until he was around two and at 3.5 years old, still can get in it.
- It hangs with a bungee cord vs a coil spring, so you get super high, smooth jumping action.
You can purchase a doorway clamp as well if you don’t want to put a hook in your ceiling. The Kling Klamp is available separately for $35.04 from Merry Muscles or Amazon and would also work great with other hanging toys, like a hammock swing.
Having the Merry Muscles on a chain separate from a clamp allows a lot of flexibility. I’ve taken it to parties where I’ve looped it around trees, beams, or anything else sturdy, with just a carabiner to close the loop .
Both my kids really love this and we use it every day. I bought mine on Amazon here, but you can also purchase it directly from the Merry Muscles website.
To find out how we hang it, look here.
- Can be used from a very young age (2 months) to 40lbs, so you get a lot of use out of it.
- It offers the best, smoothest, highest jump of any other jumpers I’ve seen.
- It is more versatile than other jumpers with the ability to be hung from a doorway, hook, beam or tree.
- Fabric is removable for easy washing.
- You an attach toys to the top rim.
- Is very portable, easy to store and takes up no room.
- It’s a bit pricier than other jumpers at $89.95 and the doorway clamp is extra if you need it.
- It can take awhile to ship since it’s coming from Canada.
- They don’t have one in my size (not totally true, because they do offer one for therapy, but it’s over $800!).
I don’t have any recent videos, but here is an older one of my son Henry in the Merry Muscles Baby Exerciser when he was little.
Don’t forget to Pin me: